Saturday 2 November 2013

October Favourites!!






October has been and gone, and I'm hoping that I'm not the only one who thinks that it literally flew by. It honestly feels more like June than November. October has been quite a good month for me actually. What with having 11 whole days off work! That was nice. I've also been getting back to grips with Autumn and how to style not just my face, but my life, around it. So here follow my monthly favourites.

Firstly, eyes. I have been absolutely loving this eye shadow pallet from VIVO. For those who don't know, VIVO is essentially Tesco's own brand of affordable make up and realistically it's actually very good. This is their "Unprotected" pallet. Interesting name hm? But the colours inside as you can see are just amazing for the Autumn/Winter seasons. This month I've been loving the first and second shades on the top row (Escape and Forever) as an inner eye highlight, the first on the second row (Wisp) as an all over lid colour and then smoking the look out with the second on the bottom row (Devine). This creates the most perfect autumnal brown look while the shimmer to them gives the eyes a nice glow, making me feel bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Now, the mascara. Oh my GOD! The mascara. This is Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara in the shade "001 Black". I adore this mascara. Applying this on curled eye lashes just looks immense. The formula is very thick but still applies evenly with very minimal clumps. When wearing this my lashes look fuller and thicker. I can't find one fault with this mascara at all, which is really saying something. And the best thing about this? I got it for free from Boots after spending £10 on other Rimmel London products saving me the retail price of around £8. What more can a girl ask for?
 
Next, Lips. My favourite lipstick this month has to be the Loréal Paris Color Riche lipstick in "290, plum passion". This for me is the most perfect deep berry shade out their next to one of the Kate Moss lipsticks. The formulation of this is creamy and thick making it last literally all day on the lips. It has tiny sparkles in it giving the appearance of what I think is a fuller lip which I adore. I must of bought this last Christmas time and I remember being really in to it but then obviously summer hit and I felt it'd be quite gothic wearing it in the warmer seasons. The smell of the Loréal lipsticks as well is to DIE for. It's a scent all of it's own but it is gorgeous. The only problem I find with this lipstick is that it smudges quite a bit. That's where the lip liner comes in. Yes, the white stick is in fact a lip liner. It is Rimmel London's moisture renew universal transparent lip liner. I've fallen for this. I hate the idea of having to buy a different lip liner for every different shade of lipstick I buy so this is just a wonderful idea. And it does the job, when wearing this my lipstick stays in place for hours on end. I love it. Thankyou Rimmel.
 



Now, face. My daily foundation this month has been Collection's Lasting perfection ultimate wear foundation in the shade "Ivory 2". In the autumn I take pride in my vampire like paleness and always opt for a light foundation. This I've found is perfect, next to a Barbra Daly foundation I have this is probably my favourite. Considering Collection products are nearly always on offer this is essentially a perfect affordable daily foundation. It has great coverage and, as advertised, does have the 16 hour wear. Minimum. Also this foundation is outstanding for me as it's oil free and I have very funny skin so anything oil free for me is wonderful due to preventing spots. Nobody likes having spots now.
Now the blush. This is the only Natural Collection thing I own and after purchasing this I've been left wondering why. This is in the shade "Sugar Plum" (possibly the cutest name around) and is the most beautiful deep berry toned shade blush I have ever seen. It's so super highly pigmented that I've found I barely need any on my brush to create a lovely natural finish. Again, berry tones are just wicked for Autumn and after wearing this almost every day for the month I've received compliment after compliment about this. A little old lady who came into my workplace even said I looked "lovely and rosey" bless her. It really made my day. All in all this blush is a winner!


For nails this month I've really been grabbing for the deeper tones. The first is the Rimmel London (what is it with Rimmel London recently, really at the top of their game) 60 seconds varnish in "320 Rapid Ruby". I've posted about this nail varnish before so I won't go into mass detail about it. But I really have been loving it this month. It is just the perfect deep red chip resistant quick drying varnish. I love it.
And secondly is a nail varnish from New look's collection "Gold by Giles". Unfortunately I can't find a name to this and as I've had it over a year I can't remember their ever being one so I don't know if it has just rubbed off or if they are unnamed. However, it's just a really lovely deep purple colour that sets quick and lasts long. I've found myself reaching for this more than I should be really. I find it's nice alone or as a base colour to the Avon top coat featured in my last blog.
 
I've been getting back into wearing jewellery this month too.
  

Both sets of earrings are from New look I believe. I think again I bought them some time last year but they've both been worn quite a lot this month. I like the teal triangles worn with my hair up in a messy bun as they add a nice touch to a dark outfit. And the pointy gemstone earrings literally go with pretty much everything. I love the old metal look too which is also a massive factor to the necklace. I got this from Claire's Accessories quite a few years ago now and as time has passed it's ultimately lost some quality. It's chipped and the metal look is worn but really that just adds to it's appeal I think. It is quite a large pendant on a long chain and looks just lovely with dark tops as well.
 
 
So sorry about the picture quality of my bag but I had to use flash to show the true colour of it. I adore this bag. I had been eyeing it up in Tesco's for weeks and weeks until one day I went and saw it was half price. Yes, this beautiful burgundy bag with gold embellishments was only, wait for it, £6!! Biggest bargain ever really. I've fallen so hard for this bag. The quality of it is amazing, the colour is beautiful and considering it's quite a small bag it's really actually quite roomy. It holds all the essentials so I can't ask any more of it. Oh I just adore this I really do. It's become my every day handbag.
 
Lastly are three things that are not beauty or fashion related in the slightest but are things that I have been obsessed with this month.
First, scented candles. When autumn arrives scented candles are lit. Fact! I've been loving the big jar candle shown in the picture. It's scented like spiced cinnamon apples and is just gorgeous.
 
Secondly is a coffee syrup that tastes like gingerbread. This stuff is so strong that I genuinely believe it will last me for the rest of the year. Mind you, that's not really a very long time. I love this stuff as I'm really fond of flavoured coffee anyway.
 
Last but not least in any manner, is my pumpkin. If you have me on Facebook you'll have already seen this but I'm just so proud of it. I'd never carved a pumpkin before in my life before this so to see myself create something that, not to be big headed, is quite good does make me happy. I ended up giving this to my next door neighbours as they were having a Halloween party for their young daughter who loves her cat. Apparently she loved it so all is well.
 
 



That's it for my October favourites. I've really enjoyed this last month so here's hoping November will be just as good.
 
 
 
As an add on to my Christmas list, I would quite like these shoes.
Image 1 of New Look Unit Strappy Cork Sandals
I've seen these on Asos and I think they're lovely. The heel isn't that big which is great for me and I just love strappy sandals. Yes, I may be thinking ahead for next spring/summer but there's no faults in that. I think they're actually a New Look make and right now they're on sale at £12 so I'm hoping the sale wont have finished by Christmas. Unless... Anyone? No? ;) Oh well, here's hoping.
 
Love ya, G x






No comments:

Post a Comment