Thursday 24 October 2013

Avon Haul!


So here we are again, it's the day before payday and I already know that I will be broke by this time tomorrow. I know I do it to myself so I really shouldn't complain. But yes, I bought some things from Avon which may have left me skint for the week but it's okay, because it's my last little self splurge before Christmas. So I will tell myself that I'm allowed even though that is just a massive massive lie.
I've had these things for about a week so I've had just enough time to use everything well enough to review them honestly and let you all know my honest opinion of them. So, lets begin.

First off is the Mega Effects Mascara in "Blackest Black". Yes, I bought this for the novelty of it. I think its just adorable. The little spade like applicator though makes applying the mascara really easy. If you're like me and have a habit of stabbing yourself in the eye with a mascara wand then this is something you need in your life. Honestly I have had this mascara on every day since I got it and its just fabulous. It gives you a really even but thick 'false' lash look which I am all for as I'm very much in to the dramatic eye effect, especially in the Autumn/Winter seasons as I find there to be much less rub off under the eye from the lower lash line. Although saying that, I haven't found any wear with this mascara. The formulation of it is really very thick but it sets within 30 seconds or so, so there is really a good all day wear out of it. Out of ten, I'd easily give this an 8.
 
 
 
Next up are Three eye liners and a brush. There isn't a lot I can say about the brush, other than it is an eyeshadow applicator with a blending sponge on the other end. My reasoning for buying this is simply because the smudging brush on my Maybelline New York Master Smoky eye liner is past the point of being clean now. And as the Avon one was only about £3 I though, why the heck not?
Now, the eye liner above the brush in the photo is from the Mega Impact collection and is in the colour "Colbat". As you'd maybe imagine it's a really intense vivid navy blue colour. Honestly, when I ordered this I didn't anticipate how pigmented it would be but my days, it is the brightest eyeliner I own. Strangely enough after playing around with it I've found that it looks incredible on both the upper and lower water line. It adds a really awesome difference to a smoky eye look which is handy really because I've been trying to venture out and find new looks for this year. Who wants to stick to the same old look day in day out huh?
Next up above the blue is my favourite eye liner in the history of eye liners. It is from the SuperSHOCK Collection and is in the colour "steel". I have also, literally, been wearing this daily since I bought it. I bought this with the idea of straying from black eye liner every day as I was just getting a little bit bored of it. And steel is just a fantastic deep metallic grey colour which again is so super pigmented it's just not real. I've had a super shock eye liner in the past and the thing that pulls me in with them is there lasting power. You apply this, and ten seconds later its as if you've used liquid eye liner. Unlike most kohl's it just does not budge. I am amazed by it and I can tell you now I'm going to be stocking up on these bad boys.
And finally, the top liner, is from the ordinary Avon collection and is called "Green". Oh Avon with your adventurous names you. I bought this because I though, hey, its Autumn. Why not try something autumnal with my makeup. Thus, this was bought. I know you can't see very well in the picture but its actually a really lovely kaki mucky green and under the lash line it does look fantastic. Particularly with brown eye shadow. I like it a lot but I feel as if this is going to be on of those things the lasts me forever.
Next is an eye shadow trio names "Onyx Quartz". I really like the design of this. Its very compact and as you can see it has a little drawer for the applicator. Adorable. I chose this compact as I thought the white, black and dusky rose would make for an interesting smoky eye. However although the colours are beautiful the actual formulation of the eye shadow lets the whole thing down a little in my opinion. I've tried to love this but after using it a few times I have to say I've just been so disappointed in the amount of fall out there is. It's really difficult for me to apply cleanly and I've been getting frustrated having to reapply concealer after the original application has been sprinkled with black. Also the eye shadow is very sheer and really not very buildable at all. Give it time I may find a way to make this work until then I will just be saddened by it.
And in the little glass pot is the best eye shadow primer I have used. It's so silky and gives a tint of colour as well. I've found that this works quite well as a concealer on days where I don't need much coverage. A tiny bit of this goes such a long way as well so although it's in the smallest pot ever I genuinely think this will last me a long while. I'm really happy I bought this to be honest. It's just superb!
 
Next is a nail varnish top coat named "Rose Golden". I love this, words can't explain how much I have come to depend on this. It's really similar to the rimmel London Aurora top coat I posted about a few weeks ago but this is just so much nicer. This looks amazing on top of greys, greens and blacks. I've been experimenting with this loads and I just adore every look I've used it with. It has various sized little orangey gold flecks and tiny little silver glitter bits in it. It dries super fast and doesn't leave my nails feeling thick with varnish. It doesn't chip easily and the glitter doesn't scrape off during the day like I've found with some glitter top coats. I really have nothing bad to say about this. I love it. Just, love it.
And the two lipsticks. Again, love them. The packaging for them is tiny and I mean, tiny. I got two colours. "Light Rose" and "Very Berry". The formulation for these is really creamy and feels real moisturising when it's on. However I have found that I have to reapply them quite a bit to keep the colours vibrant as they're quite glossy and sheer. I think these were on offer when I bought them at 2 for £3 which really you just cant go wrong with can you?
 
And finally I got this little box cosmetics bag as a free gift. I didn't think I liked this at first but I've come to like it quite a bit really. The size of it is just excellent as it holds a very decent amount of make up. I think I'll mostly use this when it comes to travelling as it's just that bit too big for every day use. Really though it's not bad for a free gift. And who would I be to complain about it?  
So that's it from Avon. I'm really quite surprised by the value against quality concept with it. I had all these ideas growing up that only rich ladies bought things from the Avon catalogue but honestly it's so affordable. If you don't already receive a copy of it I would look in to joining. I'm glad I did anyway.  
 
Now for the Christmas wish list this post. Dear Santa, I would rather like this.
This is the Ted Baker "Lips Made For Kissing" set. It's available at boots now for £15 and I really really really really really really really really REALLY want it. I've been very good this year and I personally think that I do deserve this. Going to have to speak nicely to that mother of mine. The colours of this just look fantastic. I would literally wear every colour. Oh Ted, why do you do these things to me.
Guys, hold out hope for me yeah?
Love you, G x
 




 
  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment