Tuesday 12 November 2013

Little Treats.

 

I personally think that treating yourself is essential to keeping yourself happy. I'd noticed that, as is the norm around this time of year, I end up spending all of my money on Christmas presents. And I actually enjoy buying myself new things. Treating yourself doesn't even have to cost to be fair. A few days ago when shopping in town I ended up in Boots looking for a certain hand wash for my Granma and while I was in there I, naturally, wandered to the make up counters. There was quite a few things I wanted and as sad as it is I started to get a little bit down at the fact I couldn't buy any of them until after the big day. However, when I went to pay for the hand wash the nice lady behind the till informed me that I now had around 700 boots advantage points. Well hello free treats.
So here's what I "bought".
 
Firstly I picked up the Collection Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner. I've had this before and I really liked it but unfortunately I lost it. I'd had it a good 8 months until then and it was still really full of product. I've had felt tip liners that dry out really quickly or that don't work well over eye shadow. But the Collection one just shows unstoppable with these
kind of things. It has a liquid liner effect finish
and is SO easy to apply. It literally takes no time
at all to create the most perfect winged liner look.
Would it be reckless to say that I genuinely think
this is my all time favourite felt tip liner?
 
 
Next I bought a Collection lipstick. Now, I didn't really know this was happening until it hit stores, but it appears that Little Mix have collaborated with Collection and brought out their little range of make up within the Collection brand. Looking at it now, I think it's a little odd and I can't get my head around it. Basically there are 4 girls, each with their own 'look' and way of styling meaning each girl brings for example one nail polish, one lipstick, one eye shadow ect; thus limiting the range to 4 shades of each product. Which sort of makes me question, what's the point? I didn't like one of the nail polish colours and the eye shadows were in some really odd packaging that put me off so I didn't really take much notice of them. However I do like two of the lipsticks. One I think was maybe by Perry and was a really vibrant classic red colour but I have one by Calvin Klein that is almost identical. So I went for this one by Jade, and yes it is called "Jade". I absolutely love this lipstick as it's the perfect deep nude. It's not entirely cream so it doesn't give you the 'concealer lip' look but instead it has really pretty pink and berry undertones. The formula is lovely and creamy whilst being super pigmented and it has a really nice staying power.


And finally from Collection is this gorgeous blush in the shade
"04 Trouble". As soon as I saw this I knew I'd love this and oh
lord do I love this? Although it was clearly formulated to be a
blush I actually use it as a highlight due to the amount of
shimmer it has in it. I think that it makes a really good highlight
and is perfect for Autumn/Winter as I like to drop bronzer near
enough completely and add a glow to my face with highlighter
alone. This is just perfect, down to the beautiful printing you can
see in the picture. I think I'll be heartbroken when it's all faded
off.
 
 
Now, that's all I bought on my little treating shop but it's really not bad to say it cost me nothing at all. Each item was £2.99 however Collection were on a 3 for the price of 2 offer which I can never resist. I'm really happy with these products as they all together look fantastic for a nice natural every day look and what's best is with the lip and cheek products being so simple it really allows for me to go all out with my eyes, making them my best feature which I love to do. So yes, I think that has curbed my need to shop for a few more weeks, besides all the Christmas shopping I've STILL got to do.
Nothing to add on to the wish list today as I'm starting to think I might just want Boots gift vouchers and nothing else! Haha!!
Much love, G x

No comments:

Post a Comment