Monday 2 December 2013

Holiday Hangover Make Up "Cure" Tutorial!

  

 

Around the holidays we're all prone to having a little drink, however sometimes that little drink turns in to a right old binge. Hey, we're only human. I used to think I was one of the lucky few who could avoid hangovers. That was until the other day when after a few too many Sambuca's the morning after was not one in which I felt like breathing. Worst of all I looked as bad as I felt.
After nipping in to my workplace and getting slaughtered by my colleagues I went home to grab the slap! So here's my tutorial on how to beat the teasing that comes with hangovers.


Step 1: Face.

Start with a clean face. I like to wash my face as normal and then moisturise to try renew the skin a little. First apply concealer ensuring you cover all blemishes and really knuckle down on the under eyes. Mine were looking particularly dark that morning. I used the ever loved Collection (2000) lasting perfection concealer in the shade "light 2" by applying small dots under the eye and tapping with my ring finger to properly blend it out while getting the maximum coverage possible.
Next apply foundation in your usual way. I used a recently purchased foundation that I adore. This is Rimmel London's match perfection light perfecting radiance foundation in the shade "103 true ivory". The thing I love about this foundation is the choice of colours available. I apply this with my favourite foundation brush by Barbara Daly cosmetics blending it in seamlessly with my concealer. This foundation is really great for hiding a hangover as it lights up the face beautifully. I then set it with my Collection pressed powder in the shade "18 ivory" which as you can see is on its last legs.
 
Then I when it comes to blush I like to use this step to really brighten the face as hangovers really wash out your face of all it's lovely natural colour. Opt for bright colours as appose to darker berry toned ones. I used Rimmel's lasting finish soft colour blush in "050 live pink" and with a fluffy brush washed this all over the apples of my cheeks lifting slightly up towards the temples.
Next you want to highlight your face. I avoid bronzer as I'm trying to add light to the face and bronzer is a dark kind of light. Is this making sense? I used the aforementioned Collection blush in "04 trouble". I apply this a lot more generously than I would on a usual day focusing on the tops of my cheeks, down the nose and a little on the forehead to lift the high points of my face and add a gorgeous soft glow.
 
 
Step 2: Eyes.
When applying make up to the eyes avoid the lower lash line. As you will more than likely have dark circles due to the hangover you really need to step away from them. Personally I apply nothing to the area including mascara. Begin with an eye shadow primer. I used the Avon one in "light beige" before applying the Maybelline color 24 hour cream eye shadow in "35 on and on bronze". I love this eye shadow so very much. As you can see it is a beautiful metallic brown which means the shimmer in this is going to help light the eyes up making you look more healthy and potentially hide those dark circles even more than the concealer. I apply this with a fluffy eye shadow brush all over the lid, smoking it out towards the brow just a little.
Next apply a thin line of eye liner, staying away from a dramatic flick as you don't want your make up to look to heavy. I used the Collection Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner in "1 black". Finally curl your lashes and apply your favourite mascara. Today I used Seventeen's dolled up mascara in "black". This mascara is fantastic for giving a good permanent curl all day long and doesn't give any fall out through the day at all which will help keep the lower eyes looking clean, fresh and light.
 
Step 3: Lips.

Finally apply your lipstick. You want to steer clear of nudes and darks. Nudes will add notice to the skin being washed out and dark berry tones will look far too much with such a dark eye look. I opted for Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in "05". It is a beautiful deep rosey pink colour and if applied correctly will really bring this look together beautifully. I like to just dab it on the lip and smudging out with the ring finger to control the colour as much as possible. I keep adding more until I reach the pigment I desire. I think a nice red lip would look nice with this look as well if you're more confident with your make up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
So that's it. Follow those 3 simple steps and you should have the perfect No More Hangover look, giving you the confidence to walk the streets under full knowledge that only you know how you feel. And anyway, just because you feel like crap doesn't mean you ever have to look like it too!
 
Much love, G x
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment