Saturday 12 October 2013

Seasonal Ring Finger Favourites

 

Summer is dead. I think it's official now. However, i'm not sad. Quite the opposite to be honest. Autumn/Winter is by far my favourite half of the year. We can finally say goodbye to the sweaty days where we have to touch up our melted make up a million and three times a day. What is not to love? Autumn is also an excuse to buy more clothes which is wonderful. We can layer up and wear our two favourite jumpers at the same time without being judged. Hey, we're just keeping warm right?
Also the end of the year is subject to so many awesome occasions. Halloween, guy fawkes night, thanksgiving for the Americans, bloody Christmas!!! Again, what is not to love? (Not mentioning our bank balances). Thus leading me on to todays post. I'd say about 80% of girls want pretty nails on occasions such as these, what with the parties and everything. And the past year or two we have been loving the ring finger polish phase, so I thought I would tell you all about my three favourite ring finger looks for the seasons ahead.
                                                             Firstly there's my two newest purchases of my nail polish collection. I got these Rimmel London varnishes yesterday from Boots and I've absolutely fallen in love with this look. I wear the deep burgundy red colour called 'Rapid Ruby' on each nail. Once that's dried I move on to the pretty bit. The contrasting colour I got is from what I believe to be a new line, the space dust collection, in the colour 'Aurora'. I wear this on my thumb and ring finger. I don't add any kind of patterned nail art as I think just as block colours the two compliment each other superbly. This look is going to be a killer at Christmas. The red is very sophisticated but then the gold just adds a hint of glam and festivity to the look that will really work well in December, especially at a Christmas party or such.
 
 
Next up is more of a day look that can be altered with quantity
in to a more desirable night look. The deep turquoise blue is by Missguided and is named 'Misstique'. I thought that the hint of green in this polish is very autumnal and although blue is usually seen to be quite vibrant this is actually a really
dark, not deep, but dark colour. Then for the ring finger
we have a Barry M Sequin nail effect in 'White'. Catchy name
huh? With the sequin nail polish having flecks of gold and blue in it it does add again to that effect of autumn. The two together work really well for if you just feel like having a bit of a brighter day as they look really cute, fun and dainty paired up.
I tend to use two coats of the white as the actual polish in it
is quite transparent. I don't put the white polish over the blue
one as it dulls it down and takes away some of that lovely fun.
 
 
And finally we have a really pretty, girly look for the season.
This isn't a look I would wear on an every day basis, more for
a special occasion again. The purple is Technic's 'Amethyst' 
and as you can see in the picture is quite metallic and shiny 
but a very deep purple at that. I wear this on every nail and
then on the ring finger I wear L'Oreal's color riche
 'crystalissime'. The two pair up together really really nicely
as the L'Oreal top coat has very faint and tiny lilac flecks in it
complimenting the technic polish not so subtly which is nice.
As I said however, I really would stick to wearing this
combination at a party or on a night out as it is a very sparkly
and glitzy look. So girly and very seasonal on the same level
though.
 
So there you have it, my top three combinations for a pretty little ring finger manicure for the colder season. I'm hoping this post was useful in terms that I am positive you could make your own match based around my ideas to suit your own budgets. A few handy hints for you also. I use a clear top coat by COTY over all these looks as due to layering coats of polish they tend to chip easier. My top coat however is fool proof. I can go to work at my little retail job for 12 or 13 hours and go home with perfect non chipped nails.  
 
 
Now my first thing to go on to my Christmas wish list is a cheat because I cant decide between two things. A) Some new brushes. Id quite like a real techniques set as I've heard amazing things about the buffer brushes. But all mine are getting to that point in life now where they just do not come clean and every shampoo for them is an effort on my part. And B)..

This. Rimmel London Stay Blushed in 001 Pop of Pink. I tried this at Boots yesterday and the urge was there. But there are sad days in life where you just have to put your purse down and step away from the goods. Soon though.... Soon.
Love, G x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment