Saturday 19 October 2013

First Empties Ever!


It is a sad time in my life when I run out of one of any one of my cosmetics. And over the last few weeks that seems to have been happening a lot. But fear not, I do compensate by restocking. Probably not the best idea when it's coming up to Christmas. So I thought today I would write my very first ever empties blog. Is this going to hurt?

Firstly starting with beauty related items it seems I've only been running out of face products. This is honestly my favourite Primer. "Primed & Ready" by COLLECTION. Oh my days I could not get enough of this stuff. I'm pretty sure it retails at about the £3/£4 mark so it is well worth it just for the price alone. However I've only ever seen it available in the 18ml size which is honestly not enough. I would say I probably got about 10-15 uses out of this which really isn't too great. But let me tell you, after using this primer you literally could see no kind of flaws on my natural skin. My pores appeared non existent and any redness or blemishes I knew about looked so minute I could barely notice them. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

Next up is my all time favourite liquid foundation by RIMMEL LONDON. I used the wake me up foundation in "100 ivory" and the match to my natural skin tone was just sensational. I actually adore this foundation more than humanly reasonable. But there are so many reasons why you should. Firstly the lasting power is just immense. I can put this on at 7 in the morning and not need any touch-ups all day. Secondly just the way it looks. It says on the packaging that it gives an anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow. Now I don't know about the radiant glow as I have to wear powder foundation on top if I want to feel comfortable however it is amazing for the anti-fatigue effect. Put this on the morning after a late night and you'd not know the difference. If you want to trick people in to thinking you get 8 hours sleep a night then this is the foundation you're after. I know I never get that much sleep but you'd really never know. Now, I do want to repurchase this more than anything but the problem is I already have another one but in the shade "200 soft beige" and while it is still pretty amazing it's just that bit too dark for Autumn. Maybe it'll go on the Christmas list?

Next is the MAYBELLINE NEW YORK Dream Matte Mousse in shade "005 Porcelain". I have literally had this foundation for almost a year. It got to the point where just as I was finishing it off was when it had started getting a little funky and past it's best. It was just getting a bit dry and cracked. Nothing like the soft, light and well whipped consistency of when it bought it. Although I really liked this foundation in the summer I'm actually quite relieved it's over and done with now. Porcelain. When I think of porcelain I think white, pale, ivory. But no, this really is quite orangey which is not on my ok list. I found I had to spend a whole bunch of time really really blending this in well to get rid of the orange tinge it gave. Although I never had to use a powder on top as it was quite powdery in itself and yes, exceedingly matte which I love. This is one of those products I want to love, and I want to repurchase but I really don't think it'll happen. Unless I found an even lighter shade in it. But honestly I don't think one exists. So it's a very sad farewell to the dream matte mouse.

Also from MAYBELLINE NEW YORK is not one, but two of the FIT me! pressed powder foundations both in the shade "120 classic ivory". Now you may think that because I have used two of these that I must love it. However I'm not sure that's the case. Yes, it's a really good powder foundation. Yes, the coverage is great (when you use enough). Yes, it's affordable at about £6-£8 but they just run out SO fast. I couldn't really believe it when I'd had one for about 5 weeks and I had to go out and buy another. I'm not really sure why I did in all honesty as thinking back I feel like I've completely wasted my money. As you can see in the picture they are not actually completely out, however they're at that point where I really can't get any more out of them with a brush. What I will do though is crumble them up in to the Dream Matte Mousse pot and use it as a loose powder. Mainly because I love the glass packaging of the mousse. Anyway I definitely wont be repurchasing this. Maybelline, what are you doing?


Now on to shower related products. Firstly is the TRESemmé cleanse & replenish Remoisturising conditioner. I love love love love looooveee this conditioner. Usually when I stick to one conditioner my hair gets a bit bored of it and doesn't really feel as nourished after 3/4 washes but with this, oh no, that was definitely not the case. After every single use of this my hair felt amazing. I really do think Tresemmé are exceptionally underrated. I honestly felt like id just been to the salon every time I used this. I can't remember the exact price of this but I believe it was on offer at around £4. Now, £4 for a 900ml bottle of conditioner is good at any stretch of the imagination. This conditioner lasted me literally about 3 months too, and that's not just with me using it. Even my sneaky older brother was dipping in to it every now and again. The big git. Now I went to repurchase this two days ago at Tesco but unfortunately they were out of stock. But I will get my hands on this again. Be it the last thing I do (Over dramatics, yay!)


And finally in my empties collection is my all time favourite thing in the history of my life. The Original Source Vanilla milk and Raspberry shower gel. There is no greater thing in the world than this smell. I don't care what anyone says. Being realistic it's a decent shower gel. It isn't too sticky, it's not weak, it's affordable and it works. I can't complain about the formulation of this. But it's the smell. The smell bought this for me. If Original Source were to bring out air fresheners or car danglys or whatever I would buy the lot. I only finished this two nights ago so I haven't had chance to buy it again, but I will. Oh, and at the poundshop they had this in a handwash form which is now sitting nicely on my sink. Love it.




 So that's it for my very first empties Blog. I am now hopelessly depressed about all these things I have to go out and rebuy. So depressed it hurts. I hate shopping. Gosh. I'm also pro at sarcasm.
Now for the Christmas wishlist. What do I want? Hmmm... Oh yeah, this.
 
The BOURJOIS PARIS Blush in "48 Cendre De Rose Brune". Believe it or not, I only own 1 bourjois item which is the Queen Attitude Kohl Kahjal eye liner. Now, I found out through watching EssieButton's youtube videos that this shade blush is the very first shade Bourjois ever created and that makes me want it so bad. I don't honestly know why but the idea of having something so classic in my make up collection excites me. Also the packaging of pretty much all Bourjois products is just so so beautiful. I think the only packaging that doesn't pull me in so much is that of the Healthy mix line, so the foundations and serums and concealers. I think it just looks a bit bland. But honestly, look at that picture. It's just so feminine and cute and gorgeous and lovely and pretty and god I want it now. Hopefully Mr. Claus will be generous this year.

Love, G x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment