Sunday 26 October 2014

Empties And Dissapointing Products.

It's been a long while since I have done an empties post, that long in fact that I'm not sure if I've actually done one on this blog or whether that was my old one. Regardless, for some reason I take absolutely ages to use up products. Hang on, that reason is quite possibly because I have WAY too many things to use! I really need to stop shopping and control myself ha! Today I thought I'd bite the bullet and have a bit of a clear out, however I could only find a few items that were worth throwing out due to being empty or just utter rubbish! It's very disappointing when you have such high hopes for a product, and it just turns out not worth the money you paid! These things happen though and I would prefer to enlighten you to stop you making my mistakes!

So the first thing in my empties collection is this Skin Wisdom eye make up remover. Skin Wisdom is one of my all time favourite budget skin care lines simply for the fact that they are extremely affordable yet do the job good! I believe when I purchased this it was around £2-£3 and I used this up in no time at all. Although this is obviously classed as an 'eye make up' remover I find it is outstanding at getting rid of foundation and other base products quickly and effectively. Usually I'll go in after with a proper cleansing routine after, as without this step the product leaves the face feeling somewhat sticky and not well cleansed at all. I would say 'I would recommend this product and will be repurchasing it', however I am already nearly through with my second bottle of this so I guess that it goes without saying! However I'm not sure how popular the brand is so what I shall say is that I highly highly highly recommend the brand in general. It's widely available in most Tesco's and they have an excellent rage of products from removers to cleansers, toners, face masks etc. Everything a girl could ask for! So if you have a couple of extra quid this week check it out! I can nearly guarantee you wont be disappointed!


Secondly is this teeny tiny sample of Benefit's 'The pore fessional' primer. I received this (like most other beauty bloggers) in some magazine a few months back and have been literally dying to mention this on here, I just haven't had enough other things to write about! Sadness. So this is a sample size of 7.5ml which did not last long enough at all! I know the reaction you're probably looking for and I can tell you now, you're right to expect it. This primer is absolutely fantastic. From the gorgeous matte texture packaging, to the way it makes your skin feel like some kind of silk sent from the Gods, right down to that gorgeous apricot scent that makes my brain tingle with happiness. I cannot find one single fault with the product! Oh wait, yes I can, THE PRICE! This typically starts from around £20-£25 for a 22ml size product, although on John Lewis at the moment you can get a 44ml size for just under £30 which is quite bargainous! I am quite a newby to Benefit products along with other quite costly brands (must say I'm a budget girl!) however it's products such as this that make me understand why people pay the money they do for them. Don't get me wrong you can get some gorgeous quality products in the high street, MUA for example, but I think the general gist of things is that you get what you pay for! If you can afford this, go pick one up. I know as soon as I have £30 spare I will be on that John Lewis website faster than you can say 'bankruptcy'.


Next is the Big Fake Ultimate false lash effect mascara, Collection (2000). Look at that wand! Ladies, if like me you're a girl who is all about heavy duty, thick, voluminous, elongated, flirt accelerating lashes then this is the mascara for you! This retails at around the £5 mark in most stores which you can't argue with on the high street now can you? Beauty is a massively expensive business right now so to find a product as extremely decent as this at such a price is on par with winning the lottery in my opinion. This mascara has served me very well indeed for the short time that I had it. I do have to point out that this lasts a few months at best as the formula is extremely thick and dry. Of course thick is great for voluminous lashes however it's not so great for the product itself. It quickly becomes very flaky and unmanageable making it hard to work with. However whilst new it is perfect and for the price it's just a dream. When a product is that affordable it seemingly doesn't matter how fast it runs out! I will definitely be repurchasing this, I promise!


Also by Collection is the Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer. This retails again for around £5 like most of Collection's classic products. I had this in the shade 'Natural 2' which was probably the best colour matching concealer for my skin tone I have ever had. Now, some of you may know that, unlike every single other beauty blogger in the world, I really do not care about the Lasting Perfection Concealer. I find it so average at best and I wish I knew why! I think it may be because it reacts oddly with my skin type and after about two minutes of applying it, it creases all over my lower eye lids and just looks atrocious. I will agree that it has good coverage, however I have several concealers that I find just so much better! Unfortunately, the illuminating touch concealer wasn't one of them. I do prefer this to the lasting perfection one simply because it is so much thinner and doesn't crease on the lids. However as you'd expect that means coverage isn't so tops! It does brighten the eyes really well and so I ended up using this more for a highlight on natural make up days, but really it was just to use the product up! I do like the functionality of this product and wish that more concealers had this format of clicking the product up through the bottom and applying with the more soft brush than the typical wand. I genuinely don't think I'll be repurchasing this any time soon as it was just another meh product.


The final empty product of mine is the Pantene Pro-V 2min Colour Damage Rescue Masque. Oooooh this was just lovely. I initially went to purchase the Herbal Essences Bee Strong hair mask as I use other products of that line more frequently, but of course my luck meant that it was out of stock. So instead I ended up with this one which was just a pleasure to use. It claims to 'help repair two months of damage in two minutes' and when you pick up a product like this that leaves you hair feeling super soft and luxurious after just two minutes it is a beautiful beautiful feeling. Of course it is better to use products such as this on coloured and damaged hair than it is to use nothing at all, so if you have coloured hair I would recommend you try a product like this. Hair masks are great for a kind of 'quick fix' when you want nice manageable hair. I generally use a mask or another intense conditioner once a week and I do feel the benefits of it so there's no reason you wont too! Also I have noticed this in my local poundland recently!




















So that's it for this empties post! I hope this has helped in giving you a bit of insight into these products and I would love to hear your thoughts on them too. Let me know what you want to try, or what you have tried or even what you will never try. Also let me know if there are any specific posts you would like me to write up.
Much love, G
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment