Monday 20 October 2014

Beauty Hacks I Live By!

If there's one thing I am always on the look out for it's new tips and tricks to make my life just a little bit easier. Some times the most simple things can make the biggest difference to efficiency and haste and so below are about three of the best hacks I have for a better beauty experience!

1: Use Old Brushes For Nail Art.

If like me you are a complete amateur at nail art then this is for you! I must have spent a good three years using pins to do any kind of detail on my nails. As I don't partake in nail art such a lot I didn't want to go out and spend money on tools, then today while going through my makeup stash I came across two empty products ( Collection's Illuminating Touch Concealer & Simple's Kind To Eyes Eye Make-up Corrector ) with brush applicators. It suddenly hit me that these would make perfect nail art brushes and after trying them out I was pretty impressed with the results. Both are easily cleaned with a tiny bit of nail varnish remover rubbed into the bristles with a cotton wool pad. Not only is this free and effective, but it's also recycling!
As an added tip you may note I put little dots of nail varnish ( Rimmel London's Rose Libertine & Vivo's Someday ) on to a torn piece of cardboard. The reasoning behind this is that for said years I was fiddling around attempting to get the polish out of the bottles which resulted in a lot of my products clogging up and drying out. So instead I now just place a few dots onto a piece of card which makes it much more easy to work with along with being easily disposable and a lot less messy!



2: Use Empty Tic-Tac Boxes As Bobby Pin Storage.

The magical disappearing qualities of bobby pins has been a long struggle for all of womankind quite possibly since the dawn of time! Regardless of how many you buy you end up with around one to four when you come to needing them! However, Tic-Tac boxes are the perfect solution to this on-going battle. I found this on the off chance one day where I found a whole stash of bobby pins and had an empty Tic-Tac box both in my hangbag. Call it fate. The boxes are the perfect size, really secure and equally amazingly compact. I now keep a box full in my handbag and have them to hand as and when needed! If you don't find the boxes eye-pleasing you can always paint them to your liking!



3: Halloween Special Tip.
So as a budding make up artist, and having a few jobs lined up for Halloween this year I have found extreme difficulty in finding a good white base for looks. I have purchased several white face paints in different price ranges none of which were any use to me, as they all dried patchy and looked awful. After testing out other ways of getting a white base (such as mixing white face paint with moisturiser and using talcum powder over foundation) I found the only way to get round this issue is to mix white face paint (the one pictured was £1 from Tesco) with any good coverage foundation (I used Rimmel London's Wake Me Up foundation in Soft Beige). Dependant on how dark your foundation is means you may end up using more or less white face paint than I do. I use a two part face paint to one part foundation and get the perfect white with enough foundation involved to stop patchiness. I believe that the end result is as flawless as you can achieve particularly if you're on a budget this Halloween.




I hope these tips are useful to some of you, and I would love to hear your tips so leave me some comments below!

Much love, G
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment