Wednesday 5 March 2014

February Favourites!





Hey friends! So this morning I was asked to go into work two hours later than I was supposed to so I thought, why not begin my February favourites post? And here we are. February has gone so quickly for me and now that we're in to March the waiting game has begun for me. I hate March, every single year. My birthday is April 2nd and so March drags like hell for me, and what with this birthday coming up being the big 21 I just know March is going to go on for about three years. Give me strength! However February was good this year, busy but good. Let me show you what I've been loving.

First up is this deodorant by Sanex. This is the dermo sensitive lactoserum 24hr anti-perspirant deodorant, with 0% alcohol. Try saying that after a few mojitos! I used to really struggle finding deodorants that I liked and went through so many different brands. I did have a massive roll-on phase at one point as well but after everything I tried I would always go back to the original Sanex. When I found this version of Sanex I grabbed it and haven't looked back since. It has a very nice powdery scent that reminds me of baby powder, but also has undertones of flowers which is just lovely. Now I have been using this for about a year now (I don't know why there's a 'new' sticker on there as its really not) and I simply love it. It leaves me feeling fresh and more importantly protected. With my job I'm very active and can be rushing about for 12 hours without so much as a sit down so of course a good deodorant is key. As embarrassing as that sounds, we all sweat! Anyway this really is good! This has stopped me from trying every deodorant under the sun and why not? I've found something I like and that works for me so I am just going to stick with it and be happy! This is also really nice as well as you can't particularly smell it whilst wearing it so you're still completely free to wear whatever perfume or body spray takes your fancy without getting a clash of scents.


Moving on to the face I really must begin by mentioning the Montagne Jennesse peel off face masks. Now I love a good face mask and these are just such a classic. The range is absolutely brilliant but I think my absolute favourite of these is the green tea and ginger one. It smells SO good having a citrusy fresh scent to it and the qualities in it are really good for the skin. It has a detox and pore cleansing effect and leaves my face feeling so soft its crazy! I like to apply these after my evening shower once or twice a week, snuggle into bed and watch YouTube videos while they set, as it just leaves me feeling so relaxed and pampered. Also it's so strange when you suddenly can't move your face at all but the peeling off part is such fun! I have found that using these comes with trial and error and that there is far too much in a pack for my tiny pea face. I find that a very thin layer is just enough to get a good peel result otherwise if it's too thick it just won't dry. I really do think you can feel a difference after using these and as they're only £1 a pack at most places you can't go wrong for trying one or two. These would be absolutely perfect for when you need just a little pamper session or time to yourself to wind down, in fact I pretty much depend on these after a full shift at work.


Sticking with the face we have this Barbara Daly foundation in 'porcelain' from Tesco. I completely forgot to include this in my collective haul for some reason. When I picked this up I did so for a specific reason. This foundation is completely oil free and as I'd had a bit of a breakout at the start of February this seemed like such a good product, and it really is. I've used BD foundations before, both the version of this with oil and the face lift foundation, both of which I really enjoyed using. This however has really raised the bar for me now. It feels like silk on the skin, almost like a primer, but has excellent coverage and when set with powder this looks flawless for hours! I also very much like the packaging for this as well, as it is simple and understated sat in its little glass jar. Now this doesn't have a pump, it has a spatula which I find incredibly cute if not a little pointless. The only slightly off putting thing about this, and all other BD foundations, is the scent as it honestly smells like old ladies make up! Hopefully you know what I mean by that and I don't sound like a complete freak who walks found sniffing old ladies faces! It is a very strong almost chemical scent which does linger throughout the day, however if you can look past that for the sake of an excellent foundation, do so. Pick this up.


Now the final face product was mentioned in the collective haul and that is Seventeen's cheek stamp blush in 'blushin''. After using this for a few weeks now I have grown to love this immensely. I think the thing that completely wins this for me is the colour as it gives you such a pretty natural flushed look and is going to be an absolute go to product in the spring. Applying this is so simple as is the means of the product I suppose. It really takes no effort at all and is fun and time saving which is perfect if like me you have a hectic lifestyle. You literally just have to stamp it on your cheek and I find I get best results with blending it out with my fingers as appose to a brush. I have found that brushes pick up a lot of product and sort of remove it from the face where as with your fingers you do keep the pigment there and can really focus on your blending. Unfortunately blending is a big must with this product as without you'd just have a series of large pink dots on your face and would look cray cray!  I have been loving teaming this with my Collection blush (highlighter) in 04 trouble this past month as the two look so perfect hand in hand. I must go pick this up in some other colours as it's so fantastic and very reasonably priced at just over £5.

Moving on now to the eyes. I know I posted about most of the products in this post so recently but I can't help but include these in my favourites as I can't understand how I got on without them for so long! This is totally included in that. Rimmel London's Scandaleyes waterproof kohl kajal eye liner in nude has been an absolute godsend to me since getting it, as you can see from the gross little nub I have been using it to death, every single morning I apply this and seem to have made it a staple every day piece in my make up routine. Since using this I have had so many compliments from friends, family and even the occasional customer at work about how bright my eyes look. This really does add so much dimension to the eyes when applied to the lower lash line and as it's waterproof you get such good lasting power. My eyes look so much larger, my face looks so much brighter and I would say that generally I look much more awake since using this. Honestly this is a ten out of ten product and I highly highly highly recommend you go pick this up, especially considering the price of it!

Also a repeat mention (I'm so sorry) is the pretty edgy pallet by MUA, luxe edition. I genuinely can not get enough of this and every day I seem to find new combinations to try out, most of which look incredible. There are two combinations that really stand out for me. One is wearing Antique (Top row, 1st) all over the lid, smoking a bit of Bow (Top row, 2nd) on the outer corners of the eyes and also adding a touch of Ruffle (Top row, 4th) into the crease. These are all quite light shades which create a perfect daytime look that should be impeccable during Spring. By adding Ruffle into the crease it gives the eye a bit more volume so to speak, making it much more defined. Another combination I love is much simpler. I like to wear Flounce (Top row, 5th) all over the lid, smoking in a bit of Lace (Top row, 6th) and lining the eye with Envy (Bottow row, 4th) both bottom and top lash line. This is a much darker look but is so stunning as the colours compliment each other so very well. This pallet has amazed me and I really did not think it would be this brilliant. And at £8 for 10 shadows in a gorgeous gold studded black case you can't ask for more. It is a dream pallet.


Now this month I have been adoring wearing nude and blue nail varnish and these three polish's I got in a massive set at Christmas are the perfect colours. The brand is called S&S and I'd never heard of it previous to receiving this. These polish's, which are all unnamed, are so pretty and wonderfully formulated being thick and pigmented but fast drying which I need! You seriously only need one coat to get the quality nail look you're after which is brilliant however I've found that, like most thick nail polish's, they chip quite easy so a chip resistant top coat is very handy when using these. The three pictured have been my most used shades this month. The first is a lovely plummy/brown nude, the second is a gorgeous royal blue and the third is just that perfect light nude colour.

There are two more blue polish's I have been wearing a lot this month, the first one being 'Misstique' by Missguided. I think I got this free in a magazine last year or something and unfortunately you can tell. The quality isn't super. It is a very thin varnish that needs a good 2-3 coats to get the right pigment and it does take a while to dry. I find using a drying aid spray works quite well with this and makes it tacky for a while rather than wet. Normally I wouldn't bother with a nail varnish with such a low quality formula however again it's the colour that sells it for me. This is the only turquoise toned blue in my collection and I really do love the outcome when I put in the effort, so until I find a better formulated version of this colour, it can stay.

The final blue and final nail polish that I've been mad about this month is 'Electric Spacedust' by Barbara Daly. This is a beautiful metallic blue polish that hits the light and shines so fantastically. It also has a gel finish similar to that of the Barry M gelly hi shines' which we all know look right on point. This is a really good polish and I've noticed that it seems to be quite chip resistant which surprised me. It does look best with 2 coats as it can initially be quite sheer but you don't need any more than that and it does seem to be fine without a top coat, although I probably should apply top coats anytime I paint my nails. Effort. I adore the packaging with the BD nail polish's. Seriously, floral lids? How cute can it get? While they're quite inexpensive at around £4 - £6 it is a very small bottle at 7ml however unfortunately that's the only size available. If I am completely honest though I would say that these are worth every penny and I myself will definitely be investing in some spring/summer colours from this range.

The very last thing on my February favourites list is this bracelet that I got for Christmas. This is from H Samuel I believe and was only £8, however it was on sale from £38 so it was quite the bargain. I adore this so much. As you can see it has two silver stars on it, one of which is solid while the other has a series of tiny diamante's all around the surface of the star. I think the reason I love this so much is because it's so simple and understated. The clasp is great as it's just a magnet fastener so you don't have that faff of hooks and such which I can never do with one hand! This is soft and comfortable which is wonderful and also it seems to be the perfect fit on me. I think the real reason I love this so much though, is because it was a gift from my Mum and we all gots to love our mamas!


So that's it for February favourites! Hopefully March will fly by and I wont have a list as long as my arm for March favourites! Do leave some feedback as I would love to hear what you guys have been loving over February! You can contact me on here, facebook or Instagram! I am toying with getting twitter again, but that's not a decision set in stone. I will let you know though. Until next time me sweets!
Much love, G x



No comments:

Post a Comment