Saturday 18 January 2014

Love Lips.. The pink edition.


Hello lovelies!! I have decided to start a mini series here on my blog called "Love Lips". (As you may have guessed from the blog title? ha!). Essentially, I love lipstick and I have FAR too many of them. I needed a justifiable reason as to having so many, so I though 'hey, I will start a mini series reviewing pretty much all of them'. That way I'm hoping some of you reading this will be inspired.
Today's Love Lips post is sub named "The pink edition", can you guess why? Yes all the lipsticks featured in this post are pink! Dur. I will be showing both winter suitable colours and ones perfect for the lead up to summer! Also, expect a secret or two ;) Enjoy!!

The Lights:
First up is Collection's Cream Puff moisturising lip cream in the shade "fairycake 3". I love these lip creams. They are so silky smooth and softening but the colour pay off is fantastic. They can appear quite sheer to begin with but when built up they create the most beautiful strong colours. Fairycake is my ideal pink and to be honest borders on the side of a nude lip look. This is perfect for winter as some days I don't want a strong lip, just something natural and flattering. This lip colour is the perfectly cliché 'your lips but better' colour, and to top it all off there is the price. Along with the amazing colour is the equally amazing matte finish which is gorgeous and ideal for work or school (if you're allowed to wear make up of course). Unfortunately I can't remember exactly how much they are but they are 100% less that £5 which you just cannot miss out on! If you want a lip look that creates the illusion of effort, when really it took five seconds to do, this is definitely a product you will love. I know I do!



Secondly is Rimmel London's lasting finish 1000 kisses transferproof lip tint + balm. These lip stains are SO old now but in my opinion they're just a born classic. This is in the shade '100 endless blossom' which as you can see from the swatch below is a very sheer rose. The swatch actually consists of a fair few swipes of the product as to get a really good colour pay off you do need to build it up, which I do by applying the stain, then the balm, and then repeating both steps once or twice until I'm happy with the finished look. I adore this colour especially in the spring time as it's so fresh and pretty, and it goes with any eye look you want to create. I do tend to reach for this more with a black/grey smokey eye as it gives the face a touch more femininity, illuminating the face whilst drawing no attention away from the eyes. The technicality to this product is fantastic as well. I have a few lip stains and I very much prefer ones with a balm as I feel that stains can be a bit dehydrating thus the balm revives the lips whilst adding secure protection against transfer. The balm on the 1000 kisses stain is perfect for me too as it is unscented which I love, so overall this is just another excellent Rimmel product.



Last on the light lip looks is something that you may well think I'm a bit cray cray for using. Yes, this is Maybelline's dream touch blush in a shade that I don't actually know the name of but is absolutely gorgeous. The dream touch blushes are extremely pigmented products which is ideal for a lip product but not so much for the cheeks. I find that when applying this as a blush I spend a good while blending this to get a lovely natural flushed look which does frustrate me a bit. However on the lips it looks just amazing. It takes no time to apply at all and can be done so using either a brush or fingers and the colour pay off you get is just sensational. This particular shade contains a gorgeous shimmer which looks so pretty on the lips and compliments the dusky rose shade. The texture is also really nice on the lips as because it is a mousse it has a silk like feel which avoids that sticky lip that some lip products create. And if you're worrying about the taste, don't. It literally has no taste so it isn't unpleasant in the slightest. If you still think I'm mental for even trying this then I really do encourage you to try it too and join me in loving this as a multi-use product.





The Brights:
Okay so moving on to the brighter pink lipsticks I want to begin with Max Factors Colour Elixir in the shade 'Vibrant pink 15'. This product is sub named as a giant pen stick, essentially meaning the packaging is like an eye liner pencil but obviously for lips. This product has been deeply neglected by me. I bought it about 8 months ago and sadly lost it for a while but after finding it a few weeks ago I have been loving it! As you can see it is the most gorgeous hot pink colour and looks outstanding with a winged eye liner look. Unfortunately I am not brave enough to wear this anywhere but my house in the middle of winter which is a real shame as it is just so beautiful. I really must start taking the bull by the horns so to speak and get over things like this. It makes me feel fantabulous while wearing it so I might as well just go for it! This lip product is extremely pigmented, the swatch is just two swipes of product and is as dark as it's going to get, but unfortunately I've found it does transfer quite easily so I would recommend using Lipcote with it to seal it on. Although it transfers strangely it doesn't actually wear off easily. I've found that wearing this can be a little messy perhaps but the colour lasts for hours, and I mean hours. Yes, it's a little on the higher priced side of drug store cosmetics but it's oh so worth it when you get a lot of product that you don't have to constantly touch up!


Next is Maybelline's colour sensational lipstick in '902 fuchsia flash', a very Barbie pink colour almost verging on being neon! But I love it anyway, I mean what girl doesn't want a bit of bright pink in their life eh? I know I do. This lipstick is so great. I love every part of it even down to the packaging. The formulation of this product is wonderful too as it is creamy, non-drying, well-lasting and highly pigmented.. yes that swatch is just ONE swipe of product. Amazing. This lipstick will last for hours meaning you need very few touch ups. One thing I am extremely picky about when it comes to lipsticks is exactly that, how many touch ups am I going to have to do in a day? When you live a busy lifestyle like me (Yes, that's why all my blog posts get done early hours of the morning! haha) then you don't want the worry of having to waste any precious minutes reapplying make up! Meaning that a lipstick like this that goes on looking super and comes off at the end of the day looking just as good, is perfect. These are really affordable lipsticks too which is great as you really are getting a lot for your money. I must get round to buying a few more of these.


Finally on the bright lip looks is the Rimmel London's Apocalips lip lacquer in the shade 'apocliptic'. I have never blogged about any of the apocalips lip products before and doing so now is making me feel like a true blogger, like a right of passage has finally begun, seeing as every other blogger in the history of blogging has reviewed these. How can you not love them though? They're so inexpensive and such an amazing amazing amazing lip product. The pigment. The wear. The scent. The taste. The cost. The look! They're just perfect in every way. This deep hot pink colour is just sensational and is absolutely awesome on a night out. Something cool about this product as well is that after immediate application it is a very glossy look but can be slightly blotted out to create a matte lip look, which doesn't make you lose and of the colour. This is a brilliant bright pink lip which looks amazing winter or summer and I personally think every girl should own at the very least one of these!






A final little secret:
I'm unsure on whether I have spoken about this lipstick in a post before or not, but this is Collection's 'Tallulah' lipstick of their Deluxe edition which is the most beautiful rose pink colour. Now for months I've had this and had no idea that the colour you see on the bottom of the packaging is actually product. I have read blogs about the Deluxe lipsticks and have seen no mention of this. But the other day I dropped it out of my handbag by accident and it all fell to bits. (nitially I did think I had broken it but when putting it back together I saw that the bottom part does in fact contain a gloss. In the swatch below the first stripe is the lipstick alone, the second stripe is the gloss alone and the third stripe is the two combined. Now I hope you agree that these are all absolutely beautiful outcomes of colour and shine which look fantastic on the lip as I think! And personally for £3 I think a product within a product is an absolute bargain. Collection have outstood themselves yet again! An old school friend of mine Rebecca did actually tell me earlier that the MUA lipsticks have this little trick too, so keep your eyes out for those and think of her when you go out and buy them all, the little gem! ;) Honestly though I think that the Deluxe edition Collection have brought out is just fantastic, there are some gorgeous colours in there one of which I'm dying to get my hands on. But for now, this gorgeous every day pink will do me quite enough!

I very much hope you enjoyed the first in my little Love Lips series, and I hope I have inspired you to go out and get yourself all pinked up regardless of the season! Feedback would be very much appreciated as I love hearing what people think about my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment in the box below or message me on Facebook! Also, check out my instagram. irishlouisegemma. Follow me too if you feel like it!
I should be posting the second part in this series within the next fortnight so keep your eyes peeled and let me know if there is a particular colour you would like me to post about next!
Much love, G x


No comments:

Post a Comment