Wednesday 1 January 2014

December Favourites!!







Well hello there 2014, where the hell did you spring from? It honestly does not feel right that a whole year has passed in what feels like the space of about 6 months. I'm beginning to wonder how time goes just so terribly fast. Hopefully I'll run in to Doctor Who or something soon and he can whisk me away on some magical adventure where time is completely controllable. (Inner nerd popping out there, apologies). Although December flew by I really did have an amazing last month of 2013 and there was so much to love that could fit in to this post, but unfortunately I can't type forever, and I'm sure you'd get fed up of reading after a while. So enough rambling, let's progress...




Firstly I have to put this at the very top of the favourites list just for the sheer excitement this has brought me. I finally left the android world an wormed my way into Apple. Yes, I upgraded my contract and got myself an iPhone 4s. Gone are the days when my picture quality is just awful and my storage space seems to want to hurt my soul. Now instead I have a wonderful very well capable phone that does everything I could ask of it. I can't grumble with it at all, however I am having difficulty finding pretty cases for it. Darn you iPhone 5!!


Now on to the beauty side of things.
First up is this CC cream by Osiris Avise. I mentioned this in my collective haul and since buying it I have just been loving it immensely. Recently I've had quite clear skin so the only real coverage I've needed has been for redness which I usually have around my cheeks and on my chin. This is perfect for concealing that redness but still being sheer enough to make me feel like I'm not caking my face up with makeup, and some days it's nice just to have a break from your foundation as it gives your skin a bit of time to breath too. It is easy to apply and blends in brilliantly with your natural skin tone as it has a silk like texture, very much like a moisturiser or a primer. I bought this from B&M Bargains for about £1.99 so I am just chuffed to bits with it. When you're spending next to nothing on something that works so brilliantly who cares if you've never heard of the brand name. Saying that Osiris do an apricot face scrub that I use pretty much daily and that is equally as brilliant and affordable. You should really keep your eye out for products from them I think. I definitely will be after using this.


Next up is a product by Rimmel. You should all know by now how I love my Rimmel. This is their Exaggerate undercover shadow primer. This claims to make your eye shadow waterproof which I'm not so sure is entirely true but it is overall a very good eye primer. When I compare this to my beloved Avon primer it's just so different but by no means any worse. While my Avon one is obviously a skin tone colour this is white, but dries transparent and is of a much thinner texture. I prefer using this with powder shadows rather than cream ones as it holds powder in place much better. I can use this and not have to worry about any fall out or wear literally all day long. Also, I have found that when applying any kind of eye liner on top of this it makes it about 100% easier to take off at night which is a real help as I do like to take care removing eye makeup due to the eyes' skin being so sensitive. Overall this is just another winning product from Rimmel.


Also on the eyes this month I have been loving Avon's super extend mascara. I have found that this really elongates the lashes, holds a good curl and stays put throughout the day. The only drawback I have found with this is that it doesn't give much volume so I do like to use a thicker mascara over the top of this, such as Collection's big fake ultimate mascara. The combination of those two gives the lashes a beautiful almost false lash look, where the lashes are long, full and simply jaw dropping.

Now I have been possibly overusing the whole red lip look over the festive season this year. I'd say almost every day I have had red lipstick on and so here are my top 3 reds of December.

First up is "Rouge making of" by Bourjois's Shine edition. This gives the most perfect glossy red lip look. I love everything about this lipstick even down to the packaging. It's very sheer but also extremely buildable, so you can have a glossy lip with just a tint of red or a fully blown fire engine red lip. It is sensational.

Also from Bourjois but this time the Rouge Edition is "Rouge jet set". This isn't quite matte but it's not half as glossy as the Shine lipstick. I'd say that this is probably my most worn of the two. I can't get over the colour pay off that this lipstick gives. It is honestly the most reddest red you could ask for. I absolutely LOVE this.

And finally is Avon's ultra colour lip crayon in "Reddy for me". I prefer this more for parties and nights out and such as it has a fair bit of shimmer in it. It's not really my idea of day wear but this on a night out with a nice winged liner look is just amazing. I've found this to be probably the most festive of the three and was a definite winner on Christmas Day.

Red lipstick however terrifies me when it comes to the thought of smudging as once it's on your hands you're pretty much doomed! Which is where Lipcote comes in. I remember my Mum using this when I was little and to be completely honest I didn't even know that they made it anymore so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in Bodycare a few weeks ago. This was not pink when I bought it however, it was clear, but the red lipstick has stained it! Ooops! This is essentially a liquid you apply over lipstick to set it and prevent wear. When using this I don't have to worry about getting messy red hands and clothes as Lipcote keeps your lipstick where you want it. It's fantastic, it really is. Once you get over the weird tingly slight burning feeling you get haha! Don't worry, it's not painful. Just brilliance!
 
 
That's it for my December favourites however I've decided to be a little bit generous. Tomorrow I will be posting my Christmas Beauty Favourites post, which will essentially be like this but all the items in it were gifts from my beautifully amazing friends and family. There will be make up. There will be bath and shower supplies. There will be fragrances. It will be gifts galore! And probably a very soppy me handing out all the love I have! So keep your eyes peeled!
Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Much love, G x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment