Sunday 6 April 2014

March Favourties!

Here we are again, a week in to the new month and I'm only just getting round to posting my monthly favourites post. I do hope you don't expect any more of me, as even now when I'm on holiday from work I just find so so so much to do! As I mentioned previously, March usually drags for me what with it being my Birthday at the beginning of April. Oh but not this year, in the blink of an eye March was gone and I was like fandangled about what to write about. However I did pick up a few things in March that I absolutely fell in love with, meaning that all (if not most) of the items in this favourites post are also unseen by yourselves so we can also call this a little haul to, eh? I'm just going to think of it as killing two birds with one stone!
First up is the Vaseline 'spray & go' moisturiser. After using this for the first time it left me thinking "Where the hell has this been all my life?!". I absolutely am in love with this stuff, deeply. I bought the cocoa radiant scent and let me tell you, this stuff smells sooooo goooooood. Usually I moisturise after I have a shower and have found myself taking more morning showers simply because this scent will last all day long. I find if I use it after an evening shower I can't smell it as well after I've been in bed, probably due to rubbing against pj's and sheets and what not. So I've been using this mostly in the mornings religiously. The functionality of this is also a dream. This is advertised as being 'non-greasy' and I was a little curious if not sceptical about that but it actually is! When you spray this on you are covered in a mist of product which you have to quickly rub in when it then sinks in to the skin and dries SO fast. There's nothing I hate more than being left feeling sticky while waiting for moisturiser to set in so this is a perfect product for me. Also this works just as well if you're a little damp which is great for when you're in a hurry! I do think these are a little over priced at around £5 each, although if you hunt around you can usually find these on an offer of around £3-£4. I'm really intrigued to see how long this is going to last and see if I get my moneys worth!


On to nails now and a product that has become my holy grail of sparkles! This is Maybelline New York's color show crystallize nail varnish in '232 rose chic'. This is the most beautiful glitter polish I probably own and is a light dusky pink colour and just packed with glitter. What's even better is that one coat is plenty enough as it is completely opaque. I have two other color show varnish's and just like those, this dries really quickly, within a few minutes. Unlike those however this seems to be almost completely chip resistant and one application of this lasted me about 4 days before looking anything near shabby, by then though I just fancied a change. Something I wont ever get bored of though is the texture, as this has glittery particles in it, once dried it has a really cool grainy feel to it which is something I just can't get enough of. This for me is the ultimate girly girl colour nail varnish and I have a feeling that this will run out fast due to overuse! Top marks Maybelline!

If you have me on Instagram you may have seen this picture I uploaded a few weeks into March of some nail art I did. And LOVED! I don't think of myself as being any good at nail art in the slightest however I think this worked super well and was a lovely way of edging into spring! I used Revlon's 310 'timeless' as a base colour, Barry M's 'papaya' for the petals, an unnamed miss sporty polish for the centres and Rimmel London's 'round and round the garden' for the stems'. I used a dotting tool from Avon which has a small ball on one end and a precision detailing brush on the other end for the stems, making this the easiest nail look ever. I find that with dotting tools you don't need any shred of talent to pull of a beautiful look as it's practically all done for you! The response I got on Instagram to this really shocked me, due to my lack of ability and I was just over joyed that so many people liked it!

Moving on to cosmetics now and starting with the starting product, primer! I picked up Rimmel London's Stay Matte primer in Tesco at the end of March as I was in desperate need of a new one and I had seen a lot of people recommending this on social networking sites. This is one of those weird products, good weird, but still weird. For starters this looks, smells and feels like a facial cream. I'm used to primers being transparent where as this one is completely white. When applying this I found it feels a little thick (like a face cream) compared to other primers and is quite difficult to rub into the skin. You may ask yourself how this has made it into my favourites if it has all these faults. That is because of the end result. This leaves your skin feeling so soft and makes your foundation apply seamlessly and flawlessly and that for me, makes all those little odd bits completely worth it! I have since bought some other primers but you'll just have to wait and see for them!

I know that there's this massive rave about Collection's lasting perfection concealer which yes is by far the best concealer out there in the drug store. Oh, but wait, is it really? Has no one else picked this up and been as utterly amazed as me? This is Seventeen's Phwoar Paint in 'fair' and is now, my ultimate favourite concealer EVER! When I use this all my dark spots and undereye circles disappear and any blemishes are completely concealed. This melts into the skin and foundation alike and is the most perfect colour match for me. On the back of this packaging there is a typical little blurb from Seventeen saying "The One. The hard core concealer to wage wars on under eye circles. Put this creamy formulation under eyes to blend in. Get concealed. Get gorgeous". So many words in there strike themselves out as being true to me such as hard core and creamy! This formula is so thick and pigmented that you need the very smallest amount to achieve a fully concealed look. I think that this product is the one that has stood out and made an impact on me, making me the most impressed in a very long time!

Also on the eyes is the Rimmel London Sexy Curves full body mascara that I mentioned in my previous post, thus meaning I won't go into too much detail. However I have just been loving the naturally separated look this gives me. As I said before it's crap for giving you a look of curled/curved lashes, but it is so great for adding length and volume while keeping your lashes separated and looking beautifully natural. As we're headed into spring/summer now I like to keep my eye make up a little less dark than in the Autumn/Winter and so natural lashes for me are a must, especially if I wear no eyeshadow at all. It's such a shame that this isn't available in stores now (to my knowledge) as I'd probably pick one up every time I went in! However this is available on many websites for such a few little pennies that it'd be silly not to invest!


My final beauty product for the monthly favourites is Rimmel London's lasting finish lipstick in '058 drop of sherry'. When I bought this lipstick I then wore it every day for weeks! I just adore it and I feel that the colour of it suits my skin tone perfectly. It is a sheeny deep pink colour that has brown and red undertones to it making it not so 'in your face' as other pink lipsticks. For some reason brown undertoned lipsticks are ideal for me and so this is no exception. I love the formulation of this too. Not only does it smell beautiful but it applies fantastically. As I said this has somewhat of a sheen to it, however if you don't fancy a sheen on a particular day you can just blot it out with your finger and it reduces most of the shine into a matte look, without losing any of the colour. I can't quite remember how much this cost but being a drug store lippy it was well under £10 and worth every penny! This also looks amazing with a brown eye look which I also loveeee.

The final thing I have to speak about is fashion related. You may have noticed the extreme background in each of the pictures above. Yes that is Bambi and Thumper. I have been adoring Primark's patterned T-shirts. I bought the grey icecream on first which was only £5, followed by the Bambi one at £6. I also got a Marvel one at £6 but that's in the wash! haha! These t-shirts are so comfortable it's unreal. They're a beautifully soft material with capped sleeves and I think I will be buying a lot more of these for the spring time! Good old Primark!







So that's it for March, and my March favourites. Expect multiple birthday related posts coming up in the next week as I turned 21 and money was certainly well spent! I hope you all had an excellent March and that April is just as good for you!
Much love, G x


No comments:

Post a Comment